All the answers to the quiz questions can be found in this module.
Your response data will not be gathered. Take a screenshot of Your result at the end of the quiz if you are required to show you have completed it.
There are 9 questions to answer. After you answer a question, click the arrow to move to the next question.
If you are required to get a certificate with your name, take this version of the Work with data and files quiz (requires a UQ login).
Note for Teaching staff: You can download and embed both the module and H5P quiz in your course.
What is data?
- Data can take a variety of forms.
- It must be analysed and interpreted to give it meaning.
- Data is used to build knowledge and inform research.
- It must be used ethically.
- You can use existing data or collect your own.
- The quality of datasets should be evaluated.
- Data may require cleaning to be usable.
- Data must be in a format that analysis software can open and read.
- There are many different types and sizes of digital storage solutions.
- Asking yourself some simple questions can be helpful in figuring out your storage needs.
- It is important to think through how you will back up and to create a backup plan.
- Using file names that can give context is a valuable practice as it can save time and frustration.
- Being able to recognise the different types of files, means you can then easily understand and make use of them.
- There are many ways that data can be analysed and visualised.
- Tools and software can help with this process.
- Any data used in your assignments or projects should be cited.
- Different referencing styles have different formats for citing datasets.