Creating a secure password and practising good password management are the most important things that you can do to secure your accounts.
Tips to secure your online accounts
- Don’t just use one password – use a different password for every account
- Use a passphrase – instead of a singular word, try a sequence of words for instance, DogsandCatsareawesome. Note: Do not use this as your password!
- Include numbers, capital letters and symbols
- The longer the password, the better
- Don’t write passwords down
- Turn on two-factor authentication.
UQ password management
You can change your password via the Information Technology Services (ITS) website. You will be asked to provide your UQ username and current password when you do this. ITS have also created a guide on creating good passwords and managing your account.
If you have forgotten your password, you can use the password reset page on the ITS website. To do this you will be asked to provide your UQ username and the mobile number recorded in your mySI-net account.
UQ students can contact the Library’s AskUs service if you need password help.
Note: In order to reset your UQ password you will need an Australian mobile number listed in your mySI-net account. Check what number you have listed in your mySI-net account.