All the answers to the quiz questions can be found in this module.
Your response data will not be gathered if you answer the questions below. Take a screenshot of Your result at the end of the quiz if you are required to show you have completed it.
There are 8 questions to answer. After you answer a question, click the arrow to move to the next question.
If you are required to get a certificate with your name, take this version of the Social media quiz (requires a UQ login).
Note for Teaching staff: You can download and embed both the module and H5P quiz in their courses.
Introduction to social media
- Social media is the term for online communications that allow us to keep in touch with people and establish new networks.
- Social media platforms include photo and video sharing, microblogging, and social networking sites.
Social media around the world
- Different platforms are used in different countries.
- When communicating with friends and peers from around the world there are additional platforms to consider using.
Your digital footprint
- Your digital footprint is a record of your interactions online.
- Consider information you share online with others.
Content creation and personal branding
- When creating social media content focus on your audience and reasons for posting.
- Marketing yourself using social media is called self-branding.
- You should choose your platform for promoting yourself carefully as not all platforms may be right for you.
Social media in your professional life
- Professional social media helps you discover new ideas, connect with others in your area of expertise, get your work noticed and improve your personal brand.
- Remember you are what you present.
Social media in your university life
- Many university courses use social media as a communication and collaboration tool for tutors and students.
- There are good platforms for sharing ideas and best practice in a visual way.
- Remember to check your privacy settings to keep your content secure and respect others.
- Cyber abuse can happen on any social media platform.