In this module we will explore our relationship with time and how this is reflected in language and our everyday life.
Specifically, we will share our experiences around:
- how to exchange information about our preferences, likes and dislikes (VERBOS: GUSTAR, PREFERIR).
- how to exchange information about what we do in our “free time” (hobbies, pastimes) vs. daily / weekly / seasonal routines around which we organise our lives.
- how to conjugate and use REGULAR and IRREGULAR VERBS related to our hobbies and pastimes as well as our everyday routines.
- how to describe time (telling the time, talking about parts of the day, days of the week, months and seasons).
- how to describe frequency of activities (adverbs: siempre, nunca, a veces, etc.).
We will also continue to learn about sociocultural practices in the Spanish-speaking world relevant to these objectives (e.g., opening and closing times of shops and services, meal times, etc.), how these practices relate to our own and how these may lead to perpetuation of stereotypes.
In so doing, we will also continue consolidating content in previous module as well as ways of connecting and expanding our speech through KEY CONNECTING WORDS (y, o, también, pero, ni…ni).