In groups, discuss the following questions:
- Do you like reading?
- What kind of books do you like reading?
- Have you ever written a “book report” before?
Access COCA and search for the expressions from Activity 2 in the concordance lines. After that, answer the question below.
Use the COCA CORPUS to analyse the following expressions: gripping, quite moving, readable, bookworm. Answer the questions below.
In groups, discuss the following questions. Take notes of your key discussion points below.
Read an example of a “book report” from the following website SampleTemplates.
Discuss the following questions with your peers:
- What were the key takeaways from this lesson?
- In which way(s) has the lesson helped you understand how to write a book report?
- Can COCA help you learn other language-related aspects? If so, in which way(s)?